Skip to main content


If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints system meets national criteria.

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If this is not possible and you wish to make a complaint please inform us as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or, at most, a few weeks. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If this is not possible please let us have details of your complaint:

Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem, or within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem (provided that this is within 12 months of the incident.)

Complaints should be addressed initially to Clare O'Brien at Trent View Medical Practice (Tel: 01724 788000). Alternatively, you may ask for an telephone appointment with the Practice Manager/ Deputy Practice Manager in order to discuss your concerns. They will explain the complaints procedure to you and will ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

What shall we do?

We shall acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have investigated your complaint within ten working days. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved. On investigation we shall aim to:

  • Establish what happened and what went wrong;
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned;
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
  • Identify what we can do to avoid the problem recurring.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we have to know that you have their permission to do so. Written consent from the patient will be required (unless there is incapacity through illness).

Complaining to the Clinical Commissioning Group

We hope that if you have a problem you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of resolving problems and give us an opportunity to improve our practice. However, this does not affect your right to approach the local Clinical Commissioning Group if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation you should contact the North Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group, Health Place, Brigg DN20 8GS on 01652 251000.

Raising Concerns with the Care Quality Commission

The CQC is the independent regulator of health and adult social care services in England. They may be contacted on 03000 616161 (

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

If you are still unhappy with the way that your complaint has been dealt with you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman on 0345 015 4033.

Leave website