A little about the practice, doctors, and the staff.
The practice, which has three surgeries and is a dispensing practice, is based in Keadby, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. The additional two surgeries are based at Crowle and Skippingdale in Scunthorpe.
The practice provides a service to residents of urban areas of Scunthorpe at two sites and the Isle of Axholme for the other two sites, and covers a sixty mile radius.
The practice and its philosophy
This GMS (General Medical Services) practice has existed for over 60 years, operating from practice-owned premises. The practice has a current list size of 11,600 and is part of the North Lincolnshire CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group). QoF (Quality and Outcomes Framework) points have remained steady for five years. There is deprivation in some areas of Scunthorpe, but the patient population is very varied and covers both rural and suburban areas. The practice is committed to improving working lives and is an equal opportunities employer.
The doctors value team spirit and expect their staff to be similarly committed. There is a relaxed atmosphere at the surgery and the environment is very pleasant to work in. The partners strongly feel that quality is more important than quantity and feel they offer a good range of services with easy access to clinicians.
There are five partners as follows:
- Dr Andrea Fraser (female): Part time with a special interest in drug misuse and child health. Dr Fraser is the Chairperson for the North East and North Lincolnshire LMC (Local Medical Committee).
- Dr Margaret Sanderson (female): Part time with a special interest in drug misuse and child health. Dr Sanderson is the Chairperson for CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group) and the staff lead for the practice.
- Dr Sipra Bhadra (female): Part time with a special interest in child health and palliative care.
- Dr Anita Kapoor (female): Part time with a special interest in joint injections.
- Dr James Ojidu (male): Full time with a special interest in drug misuse and is also the practice representative at Clinical Commissioning Meetings.
- Salaried GP- Dr Margaret Green (female): Part time.
- Salaried GP- Dr Shanthi Baddipudi (female): Part time.
- Skippingdale Surgery has three consulting rooms, one nurse's room, one minor surgery room, one office, one kitchen, one library, a reception area and waiting room.
- Keadby Surgery has two consulting rooms, one nurse's room, reception area, waiting room, dispensing area and three administration offices and a boardroom on the first floor.
- Crowle Surgery consists of three consulting rooms, one nurse/health care assistant room, one minor surgery room, district nurses office, chiropody room, waiting room, reception area and dispensing area.